The study is suggests natural immunity best protects against infection and severe illness from Covid-19.
- According to a new study out of Israel, the immunity individuals experience after recovering from COVID-19 is better than the protection experienced by individuals following an immunization against the virus.
- Scientists who looked at the country’s health database over a number of months found that COVID infections and severe illness were higher among individuals who were vaccinated than those who recovered from the illness – those with natural immunity.
- Those with natural immunity, according to the study, had a 10.5 per 100,000 infection rate four to six months following recovery, compared to a 69.2 per 100,000 case rate among the vaccinated.
- Among the vaccinated, 0.9% of all cases were severe, compared to 0.5% among the recovered.
- Protection against the virus drops over time in both groups, but is more pronounced among the vaccinated.
- Case rates were the absolute lowest in the group of individuals who recovered from infection and later got the shot.
- The study out of Israel is part of a body of research that suggests the naturally immune are better protected than any other group against infection and serious illness.
- “If you had COVID before and recovered, all the data that we’re looking at will suggest that you have bulletproof natural immunity, which is much more robust and comprehensive than vaccine immunity,” said Dr. Paul Alexander, one of the epidemiologists who has worked with the Early COVID Care Experts to compile the extensive collection of studies.
Reporting from Just the News.
The post Natural Immunity More Protective Over Time than COVID Vax appeared first on American Faith.