Cop Gets 5 Years After Horrifying Video Shows Him Torture Teen in a Restraint Chair with Taser

By Matt Agorist

Ashland City, TN — Two police officers who strapped an 18 year old in a restraint chair and tortured him with a taser were arrested and charged with multiple crimes in June 2018. The horrifying video was so damning that the normal process of sweeping it under the rug was not an option. However, the trial for the cop who did the torturing, concluded last year and ended in a mistrial. Luckily, the system is determined to hold him accountable, and this month, former Corporal Mark Bryant was sentenced to five years in prison for the sadistic torture of Jordan Norris.

“Mark Bryant’s actions that night were torturous, callous and heartless and brought on months of suffering. And as attested by a jury of his peers, those actions are indefensible,” Norris’s uncle and custodial parent ,Tony Chapman, testified at the sentencing hearing.

Chapman said that Norris had never been to jail before and “he was not the violent monster that Mr. Bryant’s defense attempted to portray.”

In 2018, Bryant was charged with two counts of Excessive Force Under the Color of Law, and two counts of Destruction, Alteration or Falsification of Records in Federal Investigations. Sergeant Gary Ola was also charged with two counts of making false statements to federal investigators for lying to them in August of 2017 and again in May of 2018.

In September 2018, Sgt. Gary Ola accepted a plea agreement for two counts of making false statements to FBI agents in connection with the incident. He has yet to be sentenced and is scheduled for sentencing in December.

Bryant was facing a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison for the color of law charges and 20 years in prison for the obstruction charges, three years of supervised release, and a fine of up to $250,000 but walked after a mistrial. Now, after thinking he was going to escape accountability, he will spend the next five years behind bars.

As TFTP reported, the nightmare for the victim, 18-year-old Jordan Norris, began in November 2016, when a SWAT team raided his home because he was allegedly selling drugs. Selling willing people a substance they want to voluntarily ingest in no way justified the treatment Norris would receive.

After Norris was arrested, he had somewhat of a mental breakdown and began banging his head against the cell door. So, police dragged him out of his cell and strapped him in a restraint chair.

In the extremely disturbing video, Cheatham County Sheriff’s Deputies are seen holding Norris down with a gag while Bryant sadistically and repeatedly deploys the taser—at one point shocking Norris for nearly half a minute. Naturally, Norris squirmed as 50,000 volts ran through his body. His movement seemed to provoke the deputies who responded with more taser strikes.

Tony Chapman said he originally gave the police the benefit of the doubt when he saw his nephew’s wounds. He thought Norris must’ve been resisting in some way. However, once they saw the video, it was entirely clear that Norris was in no way resisting — as he was buckled down in a restraint chair.

“I said, ‘Jordan what is that?’ It looked like he had the measles. And he said, ‘That’s where they tased me.’ I could not wrap my head around that,” Chapman said.

Chapman told News Channel 5 at the time that he counted more than forty burns.

“I was actually giving the police benefit of the doubt over my own child because I was thinking he must have been fighting back, he must have been resisting,” Chapman said.

He was not.

“When I found that he was actually strapped to a restraint chair, it was even more mind boggling. It didn’t make any sense,” Chapman said.

When you watch the video below, you will likely agree with Chapman. What the deputies were doing to Norris with the taser did not make any sense at all. Why on earth would they choose to torture this young man repeatedly with a taser?

Thanks to a post on the sheriff’s department’s Facebook page, we now have a possible answer to that question. The sheriff had a personal vendetta against Norris and took to publicly taunting him.

In the Facebook post, the sheriff called Norris “a drug dealer by trade and on the fast track to live the thug life.” The sheriff even noted that Norris “peed a little bit,” while being handled by SWAT.

Sheriff Mike Breedlove even stood by his Facebook comments, claiming that they normally make humorous posts after busting people for selling substances deemed illegal by the state.

After he refused to back down for taunting Norris, the sheriff went on to justify the sadistic actions of his deputies by stating that it was necessary. He said his deputies had to taser Norris over 40 times because he kept flinching.

Norris would go on to receive a settlement after filing an excessive force lawsuit against the department.

“The lawsuit alleged that the deputies used excessive force in repeatedly tasing Jordan while he was restrained in a restraint chair after experiencing a mental health episode,” Norris’s attorneys Ben Raybin and David Weissman said in a press release on their website. “The terms of the settlement are confidential.”

“It is troubling that nothing was done in the eight months before this case was reported in the media, but Jordan is satisfied that his lawsuit prompted action to be taken against Deputy Bryant. Most importantly, the Sheriff has stated that steps are being taken within the jail to help ensure this never happens again,” Raybin said at that time.

Sadly, Norris would never get full use of the settlement and was found dead in March 2018 in his home. He died of an overdose and his family believes the tasing incident played a role in his death.

“It was listed in there (the autopsy report) that he had damage to the right ventricle of his heart. We’re talking about a young, healthy 18-year-old when these tasings happened,” Chapman said. “Absolutely no doubt in my mind that this tasing incident damaged his heart from what was listed in the autopsy report.”

In the video below, you will watch — what looks like a scene out of Nazi Germany — however, this is taking place right in our backyard. When police can claim that torturing a man, who is restrained in a chair, is justified, the time for radical change is long overdue.

On top of the federal charges, Bryant is charged separately in Cheatham County with four counts of aggravated assault and one count of official misconduct in connection with the incident. That trial is also scheduled to begin this month on Jan. 22.

Source: The Free Thought Project

Matt Agorist is an honorably discharged veteran of the USMC and former intelligence operator directly tasked by the NSA. This prior experience gives him unique insight into the world of government corruption and the American police state. Agorist has been an independent journalist for over a decade and has been featured on mainstream networks around the world. Agorist is also the Editor at Large at the Free Thought Project. Follow @MattAgorist on Twitter, Steemit, and now on Minds.

Become a Patron!

Subscribe to Activist Post for truth, peace, and freedom news. Send resources to the front lines of peace and freedom HERE! Follow us on SoMee, HIVE, Parler, Flote, Minds, MeWe and Twitter.

Provide, Protect and Profit from what’s coming! Get a free issue of Counter Markets today.